[petsc-users] DMPlex Traversal

Nicholas Arnold-Medabalimi narnoldm at umich.edu
Fri Dec 2 04:16:03 CST 2022

Hi Petsc Users

I have become familiar with usage of DMPlexGet(Restore)TransitiveClosure as
well as general traversal of the graph using DMPlexGetCone and GetSupport.

I was wondering if there is a more trivial way to get access to adjacent
points of the same Stratum.

For example, I have an 2D mesh. I have identified the point value of a cell
of interest and I would like to get the point value of the surrounding
cells. So far the way I get that is I descend a level using GetCone and
then for each constituent point (face in this case) call GetSupport (which
yields the adjacent cell and the original cell) and discard the original
cell.

Is there a direct function call that achieves this? I've looked a bit into
the Adjacency commands but they seem to be more for variable influence (FV
or FE) and using them seems to throw an error.

Sincerely
Nicholas

--
Nicholas Arnold-Medabalimi