[petsc-users] `petsc4py` GPU support

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 18 15:53:36 CDT 2022

On Thu, 18 Aug 2022, Rohan Yadav wrote:

> I see. To confirm:
> 1) There are no installations of `petsc4py` with GPU support available
> through a package manager

You could try via pip - but its not any more simple. Here the model is - you install petsc via pip - and then petsc4py. Here you would specify appropriate build options to PETSc via PETSC_CONFIGURE_OPTIONS env variable [as MPI, BlasLapack, CUDA are specific to your machine - and pip doesn't really now about them]

> 2) Building and configuring PETSc with GPU support will also build a
> version of `petsc4py`.

PETSc configure option --with-petsc4py=1 will also build PETSc4py [along with PETSc]

Satish