[petsc-users] MatZeroEntries for retaining allocated space

Samuel Estes samuelestes91 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 15:50:59 CDT 2022

Ah, ok thank you. So let me just make sure I completely understand. When
using the MatPreallocatorPreallocate() routine, since the exact sparsity
pattern is specified (as opposed to just specifying the number of nnz per
row), there is no need to put in extra zeros to maintain the allocated
space because the routine does that for me?