[petsc-users] problems with petsc4py on M1 mac when configuring PETSc

Veronika Ulanova 19veronika97 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 04:41:24 CDT 2022

I pulled the updated repo but now I get a different error also related to
architecture:

ld: file not found: @rpath/libgcc_s.1.1.dylib for architecture arm64

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)

error: command
'/Users/veronikaulanova/Documents/documents/Oxford_work/petsc/arch-darwin-c-debug/bin/mpicc'
failed with exit code 1

Error building petsc4py.

make[2]: *** [petsc4pybuild] Error 1

*  Error during compile, check arch-darwin-c-debug/lib/petsc/conf/make.log*

*  Send it and arch-darwin-c-debug/lib/petsc/conf/configure.log to
petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov <petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov>*

Any idea about this one? Thank you