[petsc-users] Allocating the diagonal for MatMPIAIJSetPreallocation

Samuel Estes samuelestes91 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 11:45:11 CDT 2022

Thanks! This seems like it might be what I need. I'm still a little unclear
on how it works though? My problem is basically that for any given row, I
know the total non-zeros but not how many occur in the diagonal vs
off-diagonal. Without knowledge of the underlying grid, I'm not sure how
there could be a black box utility to figure this out? Am I
misunderstanding how this is used?