[petsc-users] Disconnected domains and Poisson equation

Marco Cisternino marco.cisternino at optimad.it
Wed Sep 29 10:53:37 CDT 2021

Thank you Barry for the quick reply.
About the null space: I already tried what you suggest, building 2 Vec (constants) with 0 and 1 chosen by sub-domain, normalizing them and setting the null space like this
MatNullSpaceCreate(PETSC_COMM_WORLD,PETSC_FALSE,nconstants,constants,&nullspace);
The solution is slightly different in values but it is still different in the two sub-domains.
About the solver: I tried BCGS, GMRES and FGMRES. The linear system is a pressure system in a navier-stokes solver and only solving with FGMRES makes the CFD stable, with BCGS and GMRES the CFD solution diverges. Moreover, in the same case but with a single domain, CFD solution is stable using all the solvers, but FGMRES converges in much less iterations than the others.

Marco Cisternino