[petsc-users] Questions on Petsc4py with PyCUDA

Guangpu Zhu zhugp01 at nus.edu.sg
Sat Oct 23 03:46:03 CDT 2021

Dear Sir/Madam,

        I am using the Petsc4py with PyCUDA. According to the following link

    https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc4py-current/docs/apiref/petsc4py.PETSc.Vec.Type-class.html

I set the vector type as 'cuda', the simple code is as follows:

import sys
import petsc4py
from petsc4py import PETSc
petsc4py.init(sys.argv)
from pycuda import autoinit
import pycuda.driver as drv
import pycuda.compiler as compiler
import pycuda.gpuarray as gpuarray

a = PETSc.Vec().create()
a.setType('cuda')
a.setSizes(8)

But when I run this code, it always shows that "Unknown vector type: cuda".

I have tried:
       (a) petsc4py 3.15.0 with PyCUDA 2020.1
       (b) petsc4py 3.15.1 with PyCUDA 2021.1
       (c) petsc4py 3.16.0 with PyCUDA 2021.1

but it always shows the same message: Unknown vector type: cuda

The CUDA version on my computer is CUDA 11.3.

So I am writing this e-mail to ask for your help and advice. Thank you in advance.

Best,

Guangpu Zhu

---
Guangpu Zhu

Research Associate,  Department of Mechanical Engineering

National University of Singapore

Personal E-mail: zhugpupc at gmail.com

Phone: (+65) 87581879