[petsc-users] Skipping data when reading from binary file

Peder Jørgensgaard Olesen pjool at mek.dtu.dk
Mon Oct 4 10:27:15 CDT 2021

In theory it should be relatively simple to write up a routine to skip a given number of objects. I'm not getting PetscBinarySeek() to work even on a header-less array of integers, however. I suppose that

> PetscBinarySeek(fd, PETSC_BINARY_INT_SIZE*array_size, PETSC_BINARY_SEEK_CUR, NULL);

ought to do the trick, but that does not seem to be the case.

Am I somehow using this routine incorrectly?

Peder