[petsc-users] Eigenvalues always converge to zero when using slepc4py-complex

Yelyzaveta Velizhanina velizhaninae at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 15:45:46 CDT 2021

Dear all,

I am having a problem to get EPS run properly with PETSc and SLEPc build with scalar_value=complex. I am using petsc4py and slepc4py. Installed everything, including PETSc and SLEPc, with conda. While real scalar value build works well, when using the complex one, all the eigenvalues always converge to 0 for any matrix and any solver. I’ve tried running examples given in this repo https://github.com/myousefi2016/slepc4py as well - same outcome, only zero eigenvalues. I am running MacOSX BigSur.

Will appreciate any help,

Best regards,
Yelyzaveta Velizhanina.