[petsc-users] Issues with log_view on windows

Milan Pelletier milan.pelletier at protonmail.com
Mon Nov 22 04:37:47 CST 2021

Dear PETSc team,

The way some options are passed to PETSc can be an issue on Windows, in particular regarding the "log_view" option.
Since the colon ':' character is used as a separator, I do not see how absolute paths should be provided on Windows (since the drive name includes a colon). Is there a trick / workaround to overcome this?

Besides, when I try to use the ascii_xml format, it crashes in file xmllogevent.c, on line 751:
illegalEvent = 1+nestedEvents[nNestedEvents-1].nstEvent;
(since nestedEvents is NULL).
I'm using PETSc version 3.16.1 (using `git checkout tags/v3.16.1`).

Thanks for your help,
Best regards,
Milan Pelletier