[petsc-users] matrix-vector and matrix-matrix products in PETSc

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 06:41:27 CST 2021

On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 3:00 AM Majid Rasouli <maj.rasouli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm trying to find a brief explanation about the parallel (MPI)
> implementation of matrix-vector multiplication and matrix-matrix
> multiplication in PETSc. I have used them for some experiments for a
> research paper and I need to provide a brief explanation about the
> implementation of them. Is there a paper that I can read about that? If
> not, can anyone please help me find the source code that includes the
> implementation of those two functions?

I think this describes our SpMV:

https://dl.acm.org/doi/abs/10.1145/3225058.3225100?casa_token=Pz_zMwXCoz8AAAAA%3AH8iNvXSY4opzDsJsEnoYVU0CccQjOK9pIH4Rs_Yb7a_ebchRpgAJ5GHoH2humWfkFYS54m2fO84s

This paper describes the SpMM algorithms we use, and makes some notes on
performance

  https://epubs.siam.org/doi/abs/10.1137/15M1028807

but I could not find a paper on our implementation.