[petsc-users] Problem with using make

Yaswanth Narayana ynarayan at buffalo.edu
Mon Nov 8 20:51:36 CST 2021

Hello

My name is Yaswanth Narayana. I am using PETSc as part of my course HPC1. When trying to use make I am getting the following error. What should I do?

makefile:8: /lib/petsc/conf/rules: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target 'PETSC_DIR/lib/petsc/conf/rules'.  Stop.

I have tried changing the directory name and changed to the directory containing files 'rules' and 'variables' but still receiving the same error. Please help in this regard.

Thank you

Yours sincerely
Yaswanth