[petsc-users] Binary format in real vs. complex scalar type configurations

Frederico Teixeira teixeira at zmt.swiss
Tue May 11 08:30:31 CDT 2021

Dear fellows,

I hope this message finds you safe and well.

I have a complex-valued matrix and its real/imaginary components in binary format . They were extracted from a solver that only works with "scalar-type=complex" configuration.
I am getting weird results when I load them into a small test program that's configured with "scalar-type=real", but I believe this is expected.
At the end of the day, I would like to have both real and imaginary components as real-valued matrices.
Is it possible to do it? I want to test preconditioners that are tailored for this sort of problem.

Regards,
Frederico.