[petsc-users] Code speedup after upgrading

Mohammad Gohardoust gohardoust at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 00:23:25 CDT 2021

Hi,

I am using a code which is based on petsc (and also parmetis). Recently I
made the following changes and now the code is running about two times
faster than before:

   - Upgraded Ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04
   - Upgraded petsc 3.13.4 to 3.14.5
   - This time I installed parmetis and metis directly via petsc by
   --download-parmetis --download-metis flags instead of installing them
   separately and using --with-parmetis-include=... and
   --with-parmetis-lib=... (the version of installed parmetis was 4.0.3 before)

I was wondering what can possibly explain this speedup? Does anyone have
any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mohammad