[petsc-users] Copy stiffness matrix to jacobian matrix in form jacobian

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Fri Jun 11 10:33:50 CDT 2021

> When I execute this I get a Petsc error, object in wrong state missing diagonal entry.

   When do you get this error? During a TSSolve? While KSP is building a preconditioner.

   Some parts of PETSc require that you put entries (even if they are zero) on all diagonal entries in the Jacobian. So likely you need to just make sure that your populate jac routine puts/adds 0 to all diagonal entries.

  Barry