[petsc-users] DMPlex doubt

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Mon Jul 26 07:59:08 CDT 2021

By 'point 2' if you mean the nodes that touch a cells (c==2 below) you can
use something like:

   PetscScalar  *coef = NULL;
    Vec          coords;
    PetscInt     csize,Nv,d,nz;
    DM           cdm;
    PetscSection cs;
    ierr = DMPlexGetHeightStratum(plex,0,&cStart,&cEnd);CHKERRQ(ierr);
    ierr = DMGetCoordinatesLocal(dm, &coords);CHKERRQ(ierr);
    ierr = DMGetCoordinateDM(dm, &cdm);CHKERRQ(ierr);
    ierr = DMGetLocalSection(cdm, &cs);CHKERRQ(ierr);
    for (c = cStart; c < cEnd; c++) {
      ierr = DMPlexVecGetClosure(cdm, cs, coords, c, &csize,
&coef);CHKERRQ(ierr);

If you want indices and offsets use DMPlexGetClosureIndices (
https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/DMPLEX/DMPlexGetClosureIndices.html)
instead.
I think you want the offsets.

Mark