[petsc-users] Kokkos and HIP

Aaron Scheinberg aaron at jubileedev.com
Tue Jul 6 07:46:21 CDT 2021

Hi Mark,

I used the following flags for PETSc:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \

    -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=${KOKKOS_SRC_DIR}/install \

    -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=hipcc \

    -DCMAKE_CXX_STANDARD=14 \

    -DBUILD_TESTING=OFF \

    -DKokkos_ENABLE_HIP=ON \

    -DKokkos_ENABLE_OPENMP=ON \

    -DKokkos_ENABLE_SERIAL=ON \

    -DKokkos_ENABLE_AGGRESSIVE_VECTORIZATION=ON \

    -DKokkos_ARCH_VEGA908=ON \

    -DKokkos_ARCH_ZEN2=ON \

    ..

You can also use my installation (let me know if you don't have access):

set(Kokkos_ROOT "/ccs/home/scheinberg/spock/kokkos/install")

set(Cabana_ROOT "/ccs/home/scheinberg/spock/Cabana/install")

I saw your email about the PETSc installation, will give it a try today.