[petsc-users] PETSc with Julia Binary Builder

Kozdon, Jeremy (CIV) jekozdon at nps.edu
Fri Jul 2 10:54:14 CDT 2021

Thanks for all the feedback!

Digging a bit deeper in the dependencies and it seems that the compiler have been updated but MPICH has not been rebuilt since then. Wondering if this is causing some of the issues. Going to try to manually rebuilt MPICH to see if that help.

> On Jul 2, 2021, at 8:35 AM, Satish Balay via petsc-users <petsc-users at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
> So yeah - the compiler install is likely broken. Something to try is --with-cxx=0

For wrapping in Julia I would assume that the Fortran, Python, or c++ interfaces are not needed. Python is already off, is much lost by disabling Fortran and cxx in this case?

Also, I happened to just be looking at the PETSc website and saw that note about not sending install questions for the users email list. My bad! Sorry all.