[petsc-users] How to confirm the performance of asynchronous computations

Lawrence Mitchell wencel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 10:11:41 CST 2021

> On 27 Jan 2021, at 16:30, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This is very important to do _first_. It would probably only take you a day to measure the Allreduce time on your target, say the whole machine you run on.

Why plots like this are not _absolutely standard_ on all HPC sites' webpages is a source of continuing mystery to me.

Although I guess Figure 2 from here https://www.mcs.anl.gov/papers/P5347-0515.pdf probably gives me a clue.

Viet, I suspect that Matt thinks you should try and produce a figure like Figure 3 from that linked paper.

Lawrence