[petsc-users] How to confirm the performance of asynchronous computations

Viet H.Q.H. hqhviet at tohoku.ac.jp
Mon Jan 25 02:17:51 CST 2021

Dear Barry,

Thank you very much for your information.

It seems complicated to set environment variables to allow asynchronous
progress and pinning threads to cores when using Intel MPI.

$ export I_MPI_ASYNC_PROGRESS = 1
$ export I_MPI_ASYNC_PROGRESS_PIN = <CPU list>

https://techdecoded.intel.io/resources/hiding-communication-latency-using-mpi-3-non-blocking-collectives/

I'm still not sure how to get an appropriate "CPU list" when running MPI
with multiple nodes and multiple processes on one node.
Best,
Viet.