[petsc-users] Program spends a large amount of time in PetscStrcmp and PetscCheckPointer - Why?

Roland Richter roland.richter at ntnu.no
Thu Jan 21 06:09:11 CST 2021

Hei,

I noticed while benchmarking and profiling that my program spends ~2800
s in PetscStrcmp and ~2300 s in PetscCheckPointer (for a total runtime
of 21000 s) when running it on four threads. I do not recall using those
functions actively, especially for PetscStrcmp. The first function which
is doing something useful (i.e. I know where it is in use) is zgemv_,
with 574 s total runtime. Why are those functions called, and where are
they necessary?

Thanks!

Regards,

Roland Richter