[petsc-users] [EXTERNAL] Re: insufficient virtual memory?

Park, Heeho heepark at sandia.gov
Thu Feb 18 12:35:20 CST 2021

Thank you Barry. I will look further into it.

- Heeho Daniel Park

From: Barry Smith <bsmith at petsc.dev>
Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 6:57 PM
To: "Park, Heeho" <heepark at sandia.gov>
Cc: "petsc-users at mcs.anl.gov" <petsc-users at mcs.anl.gov>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [petsc-users] insufficient virtual memory?

   PETSc gets almost all its memory using the C malloc system calls so it is unlikely that this Fortran error message comes from PETSc code. My guess is that you have some Fortran arrays declared somewhere in your code that are large and require memory that is not available.

  Barry