[petsc-users] Error Writing Large HDF5 File

David Scott d.scott at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Wed Dec 8 05:11:19 CST 2021

Hello Lawrence,

Thanks for the swift response. I am sorry that mine has been much slower.

The information that you provided was useful.

I had been trying to generate the initial state using just one MPI
process. I rewrote my code slightly so that I could use more than one
process. Once I had done this I succeeded in generating an initial state
by employing two MPI processes.

I do not understand in detail why one process was insufficient because
it seems to me that I was within the stated limits (the maximum size of
file generated using two processes is 2.6GB and the number of elements
is less than 310,000,000) but I do not doubt that your suspicion is correct.

Best wishes,

David