[petsc-users] Tips on integrating MPI ksp petsc into my application?

Faraz Hussain faraz_hussain at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 22:04:29 CST 2021

I am studying the examples but it seems all ranks read the full matrix. Is there an MPI example where only rank 0 reads the matrix?

I don't want all ranks to read my input matrix and consume a lot of memory allocating data for the arrays.

I have worked with Intel's cluster sparse solver and their documentation states:

" Most of the input parameters must be set on the master MPI process only, and ignored on other processes. Other MPI processes get all required data from the master MPI process using the MPI communicator, comm. "