[petsc-users] How to read/write a HDF5 file using petsc4py ?

Quentin Chevalier quentin.chevalier at polytechnique.edu
Mon Dec 6 12:08:08 CST 2021

Hello Matthew and thanks for your quick response.

I'm afraid I did try to snoop around the container and rerun PETSc's
configure with the --with-hdf5 option, to absolutely no avail.

I didn't see any errors during config or make, but it failed the tests
(which aren't included in the minimal container I suppose)

Quentin

Quentin CHEVALIER – IA parcours recherche

LadHyX - Ecole polytechnique

On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 at 19:02, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 11:28 AM Quentin Chevalier <quentin.chevalier at polytechnique.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Hello PETSc users,
>>
>> This email is a duplicata of this gitlab issue, sorry for any inconvenience caused.
>>
>> I want to compute a PETSc vector in real mode, than perform calculations with it in complex mode. I want as much of this process to be parallel as possible. Right now, I compile PETSc in real mode, compute my vector and save it to a file, then switch to complex mode, read it, and move on.
>>
>> This creates unexpected behaviour using MPIIO, so on Lisandro Dalcinl's advice I'm moving to HDF5 format. My code is as follows (taking inspiration from petsc4py doc, a bitbucket example and another one, all top Google results for 'petsc hdf5') :
>>>
>>> viewer = PETSc.Viewer().createHDF5(file_name, 'r', COMM_WORLD)
>>> q.load(viewer)