[petsc-users] KSPBuildResidual and KSPType compatibility

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Mon Dec 6 11:30:33 CST 2021

Please try with -pc_type none.

There is always a small difference due to using the recurrence, but it should be small so long as the Krylov basis is close to orthogonal.

I'd note that if you're using this expensive convergence test, then IBCGS probably isn't helping over BCGS (the I part is to amortize some vector and reduction costs). It'd be worth comparing when you use normal BCGS.