[petsc-users] Nesting splits based on IS

Karin&NiKo niko.karin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 13:20:40 CDT 2021

Dear Matt and Barry,

Unfortunately DM is not used in our PETSc interface,which is essentially
based on  the assembly matrix.
As Matt mentioned, the trick could be to define a DMShell in order to
expose the splits we internally build based on IS.
If I understand well, I have to play around with
DMShellSetCreateFieldDecomposition. Unfortunately, I do not find tests
using this method. Am I missing something ?
Perhaps a good starting point would be to write a test
like src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/ex43.c in which one would consider the
algebraic data to be known (the matrix and the IS) and would set up a
DMShell  (with an appropriate call to DMShellSetCreateFieldDecomposition).
Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Nicolas