[petsc-users] Cell numbering in DMPlex

Pierre Seize Pierre.Seize at onera.fr
Tue Sep 29 10:34:05 CDT 2020

Hello!

I have a parallel DMPlex, and I would like to loop on every "real" cell.
It seems that the indexing is as such:

[cStart (always 0 I think), XXX [ -> actual cell

[XXX, cStartGhost [ -> parallel cells, as I have overlap = 1

[cStartGhost, cEndGhost= cEnd[ -> my finite volume boundaries cells.

I can get cStart and cEnd with DMPlexGetHeightStratum, and cStartGhost
and cEndGhost with DMPlexGetGhostCellStratum.

What I want is the bound XXX. Right now, I do loop from cStart to cEnd,
and when I find a cell that gives me DMGetLabelValue(dm, "ghost", c,
&value) with a positive value I break my loop and take the current cell
number as the wanted bound. I am not unsatisfied with this but I wonder
if there is a more straightforward way to get what I want.

Thank you.

Pierre