[petsc-users] osx error

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Fri Sep 18 06:46:05 CDT 2020

Oh you did not change my hostname:

07:37 master *= ~/Codes/petsc$ hostname
MarksMac-302.local
07:41 master *= ~/Codes/petsc$ ping -c 2 MarksMac-302.local
PING marksmac-302.local (127.0.0.1): 56 data bytes
Request timeout for icmp_seq 0

--- marksmac-302.local ping statistics ---
2 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss
07:42 2 master *= ~/Codes/petsc$

BTW, I used to get messages about some network issue and 'changing host
name to MarksMac-[x+1].local'. That is, the original hostname
was MarksMac.local, then I got a message about changing
to MarksMac-1.local, etc. I have not seen these messages for months but
apparently this process has continued unabated.