[petsc-users] 1D parallel split of dense matrix

Yann Jobic yann.jobic at univ-amu.fr
Thu Sep 17 16:36:05 CDT 2020

Hi Stefano,
You're right, i just switched the rows and colomns, and it's working
fine. However, i've done this in order to have better performance when i
access the rows, with MatGetRow. With this order, i need
MatGetColumnVector, which is believe  is kind of slow, as stated in the
comments of the implementation (but i couldn't find it again, maybe i
was looking at an old implementation?).
I still don't understand why i can not use the transpose of this matrix,
as i give the right parallel decomposition. It should be a bijective
operation no ?
I think i'll be using the KSPMatSolve of Pierre, so i don't have to
redevelop this part.
Thanks a lot,
Yann