[petsc-users] Preconditioners for rectangular matrices

Rakesh Halder rhalder at umich.edu
Sun Nov 1 22:20:22 CST 2020

Hi all,

I'm implementing an algorithm using PETSc that involves solving a linear
system Ax=b where A is a rectangular (non-square) matrix. I'm currently
using KSP to solve this system using the CGLS method, but want to improve
the performance. I've tried using a direct solver (PCLU with KSPPREONLY),
but this seems to only work for square matrices. I'm wondering what methods
are available in PETSc for preconditioning rectangular matrices so they can
be solved directly through some factorization or with an iterative method
like LSQR.

Thanks,

Rakesh