[petsc-users] matsetvaluesblocked4_

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Wed May 27 18:14:04 CDT 2020

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 7:09 PM Mark Adams <mfadams at lbl.gov> wrote:

>>> Matt: Could I use BAIJ with Plex?
>>>

>> Plex does this automatically if you have blocks.
>>

> I use DMCreateMatrix with forest or plex and I seem to get AIJ matrices.
> Where does Plex get the block size?
>
> I have not yet verified that bs is set in this matrix.

I think I may know what your problem is. Plex evaluates the blocksize by
looking for an equal number of dofs
on each point. This is sufficient, but not necessary. If you are using
higher order methods, there is block structure
there that I will not see.

Jed, is there an obvious way to see that structure that I am missing?