[petsc-users] Regarding Valgrind

MUKKUND SUNJII mukkundsunjii at gmail.com
Tue May 5 07:46:48 CDT 2020

Greetings,

I have been working on modifying ex11.c by adding source terms to the existing model.

In the process, I had introduced some memory corruption errors. The modifications are fairly large, hence it is difficult to single out the problem.

In the FAQ page, I saw that we can use the flag -malloc_debug and/or CHKMEMQ statements. However, they don’t seem to help my case.

At this point of time, Valgrind is not supported by MAC OS X as I have the newer version of the OS. Any suggestions on how to figure out the source of the problem?

Regards,

Mukkund