[petsc-users] AIJ vs BAIJ when using ILU factorization

Zhang, Hong hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 31 22:51:07 CDT 2020

Fande,
Checking aij.result:
Mat Object: () 1 MPI processes
          type: seqaij
          rows=25816, cols=25816, bs=4
          total: nonzeros=1297664, allocated nonzeros=1297664
          total number of mallocs used during MatSetValues calls=0
            using I-node routines: found 6454 nodes, limit used is 5

i.e., it uses bs=4 with I-node. The implementation of MatSolve() is similar to baij with bs=4. What happens if you try aij with '-matload_block_size 1 -mat_no_inode true'?
Hong