[petsc-users] Calculating inertias

Perceval Desforges perceval.desforges at polytechnique.edu
Tue Mar 24 05:07:47 CDT 2020

Dear petsc developers,

I am interested in calculating the inertias of matrixes. Specifically,
for a certain matrix A, and for different real numbers E, I want to
calculate the inertias of (A - E * I), in order to get the number of
eigenvalues less than E.

In order to do this I have been setting up a slepc EPS object with
spectrum slicing, and using EPSKrylovSchurGetInertias. I realize this is
a bit convoluted, and was wondering if there is a better way to do this?

Best regards,

Perceval,

P.S. my last email seems to not have been sent (I couldn't find it in
the archives) so I am trying again...