[petsc-users] About the interpolation and restriction matrix for cell-centered multigrid.

Xiaodong Liu xliu29 at ncsu.edu
Mon Mar 23 19:30:37 CDT 2020

Hi, all,

I want to confirm one thing about the interpolation and restrict matrix for
the cell-centered multigrid.

I am running ex32.c. The following is my understanding.

For cell-centered multigrid, only DMDA_Q0 can be set as the interpolation
type.
For interpolation from the coarse mesh, the values for the 4 finer cells
are set equal to that of coarse cell. Then the restriction matrix is the
inverse of the interpolation one for Galerkin type.

If I want to use the bilinear interpolation, I need to code the subrotuine
myself, right?

Please double check whether my understanding is right.

Thanks A LOT.
Xiaodong Liu, PhD
X: Computational Physics Division
Los Alamos National Laboratory