[petsc-users] Does Petsc provide the non-KSP iterative solver, e.g., SOR, for a linear system.

Xiaodong Liu xliu29 at ncsu.edu
Wed Mar 18 12:18:27 CDT 2020

Hi, Petsc team,

I am doing something using multigrid as a preconditioner for GMRES. From
the official case,

most use KSP (Chebyshev) and PC (SOR) for solving the preconditioning
system for every level of multigrid except the coarse one.

-ksp_type gmres -pc_type mg -pc_mg_levels 3
-mg_levels_ksp_type Chebyshev -mg_levels_pc_type SOR

 I would like to  use SOR for solving the preconditioning system directly.
I can not find that Petsc supports non-KSP iterative solver for a linear
system, right?

If I am wrong, please let me know.

Xiaodong Liu, PhD
X: Computational Physics Division