[petsc-users] p4est configure error

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 07:37:04 CST 2020

It checks the F77 compiler by trying to compile an LAPACK thing, and cannot
find LAPACK

configure:4356: mpif77   conftest.f
-Wl,-rpath,/Users/markadams/Codes/petsc/arch-macosx-gnu-g/lib
-L/Users/markadams/Codes/petsc/arch-macosx-gnu-g/lib -lz -llapack -lblas >&5
ld: library not found for -llapack
configure:4360: $? = 1
configure:4398: result: no
configure: failed program was:
|       program main
|
|       end
configure:4403: error: in
`/Users/markadams/Codes/petsc/arch-macosx-gnu-g/externalpackages/git.p4est':
configure:4405: error: Fortran 77 compiler cannot create executables

Is your LAPACK screwed up somehow?