[petsc-users] R: PETSc and Windows 10

Paolo Lampitella paololampitella at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 28 10:13:50 CDT 2020

Hello Pierre,

thank you very much. Knowing that you actually test it on a daily basis is already enough for me to then focus on the MSYS2-MinGw64 toolchain, which would be more straighforward to deploy (instead of having someone install cygwin) and valuable to reuse.

I already had the impression that your work on it was recent but, knowing that your actual code is C++, and seeing some recent issues with MS-MPI and gfortran, say

https://github.com/microsoft/Microsoft-MPI/issues/33

gave me the impression that the overall toolchain was poorly mantained/tested by Microsoft on the fortran side and maybe this could go undetected in non fortran projects.

I can also confirm that my problems with MSYS2 and MinGW64 already started at the MPI level and had nothing to do with PETSc… yet.

At this point, I guess, we can either go off radar (if there really isn’t much love for MSYS2 here 😉) or keep it going.

I will try to rework everything from scratch with MSYS2 and first make extensive MPI tests again. Maybe expect to be bothered again when I try to reuse your Makefile 😉

Thanks again

Paolo

Inviato da Posta<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> per Windows 10