[petsc-users] Problem with GPU configure at NERSC

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Thu Jun 18 18:30:45 CDT 2020

  Mark,

  When it calls the C compiler it prints

Preprocess stderr before filtering:No supported cpu target is set, CRAY_CPU_TARGET=x86-64 will be used.
Load a valid targeting module or set CRAY_CPU_TARGET

the C compiler is outputting its message on stderr and that is triggering the configure failure. Since PETSc does not know this is a harmless error message.

I will update the filter code to ignore this "error message" but you should just set that environmental variable before you run configure or use the modules in a different way.

Barry