[petsc-users] Regarding P4est

MUKKUND SUNJII mukkundsunjii at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 12:32:10 CDT 2020

Greetings,

I am a master’s student working on the shallow water model of the TS example 'ex11.c' as part of my thesis. Therefore, I am working with DMForest for the implementation of adaptive grids. I have a question and an observation.

I am trying to find relevant information about interpolation that takes place through the routine DMForestTransferVec. Perhaps it could be my inability to find it, but I am unable to locate the implementation of the routine

(forest->transfervec)(dmIn,vecIn,dmOut,vecOut,useBCs,time).

Any information on this particular routine is highly appreciated.

Furthermore, I have developed a well balanced Riemann Solver that includes topography in the model. In the process of testing both the non-adaptive and adaptive version, I found that my results differed when I changed the type of DM. For instance, when I run a scenario in a fixed, non-adaptive grid  with a DM of type 'P4est', I find that the well balanced nature is lost due to small perturbations all across the domain. However, this does not occur when I use a DM of type ‘plex’. Is there a radical change in the routines between the two DM’s? This is not as much of a question as it is an observation.

Thank you for all of your suggestions!

Regards,

Mukkund