[petsc-users] Running example problem

Fazlul Huq huq2090 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 07:51:46 CDT 2020

Hello,

I have a very preliminary question!
I think I have installed PETSc correctly cause I got following on the
terminal:

Command:
make PETSC_DIR=/home/huq2090/petsc-3.10.2 PETSC_ARCH=linux-gnu check
Response:
Running check examples to verify correct installation
Using PETSC_DIR=/home/huq2090/petsc-3.10.2 and PETSC_ARCH=linux-gnu
C/C++ example src/snes/tutorials/ex19 run successfully with 1 MPI process
C/C++ example src/snes/tutorials/ex19 run successfully with 2 MPI processes
Fortran example src/snes/tutorials/ex5f run successfully with 1 MPI process
Completed test examples

Now, I am trying to run an example from the list of provided examples.
Can you please help me out, how to run an example problem from the list of
examples?
I mean, how to make executable and run the executable?

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Huq
--