[petsc-users] Agglomeration for Multigrid on Unstructured Meshes

Dave May dave.mayhem23 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 23:43:24 CDT 2020

On Tue 2. Jun 2020 at 03:30, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 7:03 PM Danyang Su <danyang.su at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Jed for the quick response. Yes I am asking about the
>> repartitioning of coarse grids in geometric multigrid for unstructured
>> mesh. I am happy with AMG. Thanks for letting me know.
>>

> All the pieces are there, we just have not had users asking for this, and
> it will take some work to put together.

Matt - I created a branch for you and Lawrence last year which added full
support for PLEX within Telescope. This implementation was not a fully
automated algmoeration strategy - it utilized the partition associated with
the DM returned from DMGetCoarseDM. Hence the job of building the
distributed coarse hierarchy was let to the user.

I’m pretty sure that code got merged into master as the branch also
contained several bug mixes for Telescope. Or am I mistaken?

Cheers
Dave