[petsc-users] Agglomeration for Multigrid on Unstructured Meshes

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Mon Jun 1 15:47:14 CDT 2020

I assume you're talking about repartitioning of coarse grids in
geometric multigrid -- that hasn't been implemented.

https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/PC/PCTELESCOPE.html

But you can use an algebraic multigrid that does similar communicator
reduction, and can be applied to the original global problem or just on
the "coarse" problem of an initial geometric hierarchy.