[petsc-users] using fieldsplit for matrix assembled using aij

Raju Mandhapati mandhapati.raju at convergecfd.com
Fri Jul 31 19:05:39 CDT 2020

Hello,

I have a matrix assembled in interlaced format. I am not able to follow how
to use fieldsplit. Is there a good example to show how to do this.  My
variable are in this format [ {u1,v1,p1}, {u2,v2,p2}, ....,{un,vn,pn}],
where n is the number of grid points and u,v,p are the velocity and
pressure components. The matrix is assembled as

[ uu11 uv11 up11  uu12 uv12 up12 ......
  vu11 vv11 vp11  vu12 vv12 vp12 .......
  pu11 pv11 pp11 pu12 pv12 pp12 ......

  uu21 uv21 up21  uu22 uv22 up22 ......
  vu21 vv21 vp21  vu22 vv22 vp22 .......
  pu21 pv21 pp21 pu22 pv22 pp22 ......

  .
  .

]

I want to split u and v fields as one block and p field as another block.

Any help would be appreciated.

Raju.