[petsc-users] PETSc Make error

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 31 11:00:44 CDT 2020

You still get this error message - so its likely not installed. To confirm you [and the admin] can run:

python3  -c "import distutils.sysconfig"

[and see if you get an error or not]

You can also try python2 as I suggested in my earlier e-mail [if distutils is installed for python2]

python2  -c "import distutils.sysconfig"

python2 ./configure ...

Satish