[petsc-users] Only print converged reason when not converged

Alexander Lindsay alexlindsay239 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 10:43:07 CDT 2020

To help debug the many emails we get about solves that fail to converge, in
MOOSE we recently appended `-snes_converged_reason -ksp_converged_reason`
for every call to `SNESSolve`. Of course, now we have users complaining
about the new text printed to their screens that they didn't have before.
Some of them have made a reasonable request to only print the convergence
reason when the solve has actually failed to converge. Is there some way we
can only print the reason if we've diverged, e.g. if reason < 0 ?

Alex