[petsc-users] coordinates of vertices of a cell in 3D DMPlex

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Sat Jul 25 06:39:06 CDT 2020

Oh, here is a way to get an elements coordinates from the coordinate vector:

DM                plex;
ierr = DMConvert(dm, DMPLEX, &plex);CHKERRQ(ierr);
PetscSection      section,globsection;
ierr = DMGetLocalSection(plex, &section);CHKERRQ(ierr);
ierr = DMPlexVecGetClosure(plex, section, crd_vec, cell, NULL,
&coef);CHKERRQ(ierr);
ierr = DMPlexVecRestoreClosure(plex, section, crd_vec, cell, NULL,
&coef);CHKERRQ(ierr);