[petsc-users] SLEPc Build Error

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Mon Jul 20 02:59:28 CDT 2020

I tried to reproduce this on Fedora 25 (with GCC 6.4.1), but the compilation went through without errors.

My recommendation is that if you are using a PETSc tarball, use also a SLEPc tarball, and install it with the usual procedure described in SLEPc's documentation, not with --download-slepc

However, the case of a tarball PETSc with --download-slepc should also work. From the messages in slepc.log, SLEPc has installed Sowing and it fails when generating the Fortran stubs. Maybe installation of Sowing was not successful. To find out, you will have to look at SLEPc logs, and also at Sowing logs under arch-linux2-c-debug/externalpackages/git.slepc/arch-linux2-c-debug/externalpackages/pkg-sowing/

Jose