[petsc-users] Performance of ISCreateGeneral()

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Sun Jul 5 15:27:09 CDT 2020

The column after the time in the PETSC output, on the  ISCreateGeneral row,
with -log_view, shows the ratio of the max time (shown) to min time.
If you are using your own timers just report the min and max time that you
measure.
You can also put an MPI_Barrier before the call to ISCreateGeneral to get
clean data.
And I trust that the problem is well load balance, that is, all processors
have the same amount of data.